Superior Government Center, Room 270
The Skywarn Training Program will cover the following topics:
- The mission of the National Weather Service and how Skywarn Volunteers play an important role.
- Thunderstorm formation, the meteorological dynamics involved, and what it takes for a storm to produce damaging winds, large hail, and tornados.
- Thunderstorm detection, or what to look for in spotting severe weather development.
- Procedures for reporting information to the National Weather Service.
- Tips to keep you and your family safe during thunderstorms.
PRESENTED BY: THE DULUTH NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE & DOUGLAS COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Superior Government Center, 1316 N. 14th Street, Suite 10, Superior, Wisconsin