Commonly Asked Questions

General Info

Second Wednesday of each month, 7:00 pm.
Public encouraged to attend!

The Town Clerk is in Wednesdays from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm, Thursdays from 7:00 am until Noon, or by appointment.

Wednesday evenings from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm.

Garage Phone and Answering Machine & Fax (715) 398-7078

If no one is available to take your call, leave your name, phone number, and a brief message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.

Best time to call the garage is between 7:00-7:30 am.

Hall Rental
An ideal space for meetings, gatherings, business or family events, the hall can be rented with or without the adjoining kitchen area.  Kitchen rental may include dishes, cookware and utensils, and access to a Bunn coffeemaker.  Hall capacity is 160, seating is approximately 100.

Call 399-8385 for reservations and complete rules & requirements. Hall rental is on a first come, first serve basis. You must prepay in order to have the hall available on the date you request. Make reservations as early as possible.

Hall Rental with Kitchen – 1 Day ‐ $75.00
Hall Rental Only – 1 Day – $50.00

Early Access add $20 — (night before event when available)

Download Hall Rental Agreement Here

Each year the Town of Superior holds an annual meeting on the third Tuesday of each April at 7pm (unless otherwise voted by Electors). Watch the calendar on our website for the exact date and time, or call our office at 715-399-8385 for more information.


Please recycle – It helps all of us!

For your information, the Town pays for refuse taken to the landfill by the ton, but recycling charges are constant. We encourage you to recycle as much as possible to help defray town costs and help keep your personal garbage fees lower in the long run. Please follow the recycling requirements carefully. If you have a question, visit Waste Management’s website call them at 218-624-7838 or contact the Northwest Regional Planning Recycling Coordinator at 715-635-2197 ext. 244, or see info on their website HERE.

Payment Reminder

Payments are due to the Town Treasurer anytime between January 1 and June 30 each year.  Payments can be submitted by mail, paid in person at the Town Hall, or put into drop box to the right of the Town Hall front door.

If not paid by June 30th late fees of $1 per month will be applied retroactive to the beginning of the year. If garbage and recycle fees are not paid by the end of September, they are considered delinquent and get added to your tax statement. The garbage/recycle fee cannot be included with your property taxes as a deduction on your personal income taxes; nor can it be used to calculate your lottery credit.

Fees are $200 when paid by June 30.

Download Trash/Recycling Payment Form Here

You will need to fill out an application for permit to build a new driveway or private road within the Town of Superior.

Download the Application Here, fill it out and submit it for consideration

Dog Ordinance and Licenses

Dog licenses are required by the Town of Superior and Douglas County. An application was included with your tax statement. Licenses must be purchased by March 30. Current fees are $10.00 for Spayed or Neutered and $15.00 for Male or Female dog. A rabies certificate must be included with your application. It will be returned with your license tag. Please include a stamped self addressed envelope with your payment.

The Town Board receives many complaints regarding dogs running loose. Our Town Constable will be working closely with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department in order to take action when a dog is reported. Charles may be contacted at 218-393-1749 if you wish to make a report.

Download an application for a dog license Here

The Board of the Town of Superior, County of Douglas, Wisconsin does ordain as follows:

Section 1. Running at large and untagged dogs. It shall be unlawful for any person owning, keeping, or harboring any dog, to permit such dog to run at large within the limits of the Town of Superior, Douglas County, Wisconsin, at any time. A dog is considered to be untagged if a valid license tag is not attached to a collar which is kept on the dog whenever the dog is outdoors unless the dog is securely confined in a fenced area.

Section 2. The enforcement of this ordinance shall be carried out by any Town of Superior Constable. If the identity and ownership of the dog offending private property can be readily ascertained, the Constable may forthwith advise such owner of the dog s transgressions. This shall not limit the authority of the Constable to impound said dog forthwith, or to prosecute such owner as herein provided.

Section 3. If the persons who own or harbor the said offending dog, contrary to the provisions of this ordinance, can be reasonably ascertained said individual shall be notified in person or by United States mail, that said dog is impounded.

Section 4. The Town of Superior shall utilize the Humane Society of Douglas County, Inc., located at 138 Moccasin Mike Road, Superior, WI 54880.

Section 5. Any dog impounded pursuant to this ordinance must be licensed in the Town before it can be released, and the licensing shall be determined by the Town and County records. Further, the owner of any dog impounded pursuant to this ordinance must comply with any and all rules set forth by the impounding agency, as stated in Wisconsin statute 174.046, as well as must pay any and all costs associated with the impounding of the dog.

Section 6. Any person violating such ordinance may receive a warning or violation. After that warning or violation, dog may be impounded.

Section 7. Owner’s liability for damage caused by dog. The owner of a dog is liable for the full amount of damages caused by the dog, causing injury to a person, domestic animal or property.

Section 8. Intent. It is the intention of this ordinance to protect the citizens from the ravages and damages caused by dogs, particularly those owned by people who fail to respect the rights of others.

Section 9. All ordinances, in whole or in part, which conflict with the provisions of this ordinance, are hereby repealed

Each year the Town of Superior Volunteer Fire Department holds a Pancake Breakfast fundraiser. Watch the calendar on our website for the exact date and time, or call our offices at 715-399-8055 for more information.

Watch the calendar on our website for the exact date and time, email or call our offices at 715-399-8385 for more information.

Watch the calendar on our website for the exact date and time, email or call our offices at 715-399-8385 for more information.

Voting Information

Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, who has resided in the ward or municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 10 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot. Proof of identification must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued.

Follow this link to download an official notice about absentee voting.


This is a trick question.  In Wisconsin, it doesn’t matter if you will be “absent” or not; you don’t need a reason to vote absentee.  You simply fill out the application.

  • Once you’re registered, fill out the EL-121 APPLICATION FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT form and send it to the Town Clerk with a copy of proof of identification.  Again, you can mail it, email it, drop it in the mail slot, or bring it in person.  You’ll indicate on the form, how you would like to receive your ballot (mail, fax, email, or vote in clerk’s office).
  • If you think you’ll have questions, it may be best to stop by during office hours (Wednesdays 3-8 pm, or Thursdays from 7 am-Noon) with your proof of residence and/or proof of identification and complete your ballot here.

They can be.  A current and valid driver’s license showing your current name and town address satisfies both requirements.   An expired driver’s license would only satisfy the proof of identification requirement.  For more information, check out page 2 of the voter registration form for proof of residence, and page 2 of the absentee ballot application for proof of identification.